Welcome To South Asian Union Forum
( NEW = Guests Can Reply On News Articles..)

You are currently viewing the forum as "Guest" which doesn't give you the same privilege as members to ask questions, post news or post comments in all forums. Click the Register button below to unlock the limitations of this website to start posting what ever the problam you may want to share...

Auto Membership. you can log in soon after registering with us.....

Login Name=
Any E-Mail Address=
Password=

Thats It......
( NEW = Guests Can Reply On News Articles..)

You are currently viewing the forum as "Guest" which doesn't give you the same privilege as members to ask questions, post news or post comments in all forums. Click the Register button below to unlock the limitations of this website to start posting what ever the problam you may want to share...

Auto Membership. you can log in soon after registering with us.....

Login Name=
Any E-Mail Address=
Password=

Thats It......
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a discussion table for millions of south Asians living around the world to express their thoughts on the latest events. www.SouthAsianUnion.info is a powerful tool for all ethnic groups to share information, knowledge and wisdom.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
India Breaking News
Pakistan Breaking News
Sri Lanka Breaking News
Bangladesh Breaking News
Afghanistan Breaking News

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NewsBot

NewsBot

Sex : Male
I Am From... I Am From... : South Asia
Mother Tongue Mother Tongue : English

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Empty
PostSubject: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Thumb-sama-humpelnd

Sama is a 10 year old elephant cow, living in the Pinnawela elephant orphanage in Sri Lanka. The name Sama means "eternal peace", but she herself is actually a victim of war.
Sama came to the orphanage in 1995, after she had her right Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Thumb-fuss-close

front foot blown away by a landmine.
She was well cared for, and grew up using her three legs. Because of her increasing size and weight, presently about 1800 kgs, and because of the unnatural hind leg position to balance her bodyweight on three feet, her joints, as well as her spine, have changed. They are slowly becoming deformed from arthrosis.

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Thumb-prothese

Since elephants continue to grow until 20-25 years of age, Sama will need a special prosthesis to stop this deformation. A high quality, scientifically made prosthesis has been produced by Firma Liedtke in Landshut/Ergolding, which may help Sama to live a better life with less pain during the rest of her life. The intention is to train Sama to accept the prosthesis for shorter periods, which will slowly be increased.

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Thumb-annette-elefantThree Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Thumb-TeamProjektjpg

Our team, consisting of of orthopedian Manfred Herwig from Firma Liedtke in Landshut/Ergolding, veterinarian Dr. Stefanie Reitter, a chiropraktor from Linz in Austria, elephant consultant and trainer Dan Koehl from Sweden and me, Annette Walter-Kilian, Physical Therapist from Landshut in Bavaria, will try to help Sama get used to her prosthesis and improving her general condition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.southasianunion.info/sau-news-category-breaking-news-
salimBaba

salimBaba

Zodiac : Gemini
I Am From... I Am From... : Pakistan
Mother Tongue Mother Tongue : Urdu

PostSubject: Re: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka 431motala
Back to top Go down
salimBaba

salimBaba

PostSubject: Re: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka MoshaElephantProstheticLeg
Back to top Go down
salimBaba

salimBaba

PostSubject: Re: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Elephant
Back to top Go down
salimBaba

salimBaba

PostSubject: Re: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka _40738472_elephant203longap
Back to top Go down
salimBaba

salimBaba

PostSubject: Re: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Landmine
Back to top Go down
NewsBot

NewsBot

I Am From... I Am From... : South Asia
Mother Tongue Mother Tongue : English

PostSubject: video..   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.southasianunion.info/sau-news-category-breaking-news-
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of Sri Lanka   Three Legged Elephants...... Landmine Victims Of  Sri Lanka Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1